NAMI-WCI seeks to eradicate stigmas and social stereotypes associated with mental illnesses through education and informational support programs. We want to empower your family with knowledge to cope with mental illnesses.
The loved ones of those suffering with mental illness face many unique challenges, including stigma, social stereotypes, and the unpredictability associated with loving someone with a mental illness. NAMI-WCI supports and enriches you and your family’s journey towards wellness with our Family-to-Family education class. This class meets weekly for 11 weeks, is offered free of charge, and is taught by trained NAMI family members who have relatives with mental illness.
Our Family to Family Education class teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to cope more effectively. During this course, you will:
- Attend with other adult family members just like you in a confidential setting.
- Gain insight into how mental illness affects your relative.
- Take an eye-opening look inside some of today’s current brain research related to mental illness.
- Learn how families can become advocates for better treatments for their relatives.
- Learn about the medication issues involved in mental illness and the latest treatment options.
- Learn to cope with worry and stress; learn to focus on care for you as well as your loved ones.
Our trained peers have been there; they know what it’s like to love someone who suffers from mental illness. Family-to-Family will equip you to better understand and support your loved one while maintaining the well-being of you and your family. We want to help your family find peace and hope.
When: Weekly every Thursday, Sept 5 -Nov 14, 2019 , 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Where: Franciscan Education Center
Room 1140, 1501 Hartford St., Lafayette, IN.
Registration is required. If you are interested in taking the course, please call 765 423-6939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program has been added to the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices!
Also of interest:
Our Upcoming Events
Our Success Stories
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error